If you want to watch more NFL content on TV or on your streaming device during these sequestered times in Canada, you are so lucky since the NFL and DAZN Canada have cooperated to offer Canadians with on-demand access to choose NFL Network programs and top 2019 games, according to Postmedia.
Moreover, TSN has also started airing classic NFL games, on Monday nights included.
DAZN, which is the live-streaming sports giant owning exclusive rights to streamed NFL content in Canada, has partnered with the NFL to provide free content on YouTube through the DAZN Canada channel.
This content will be geo-blocked on YouTube outside of Canada.
According to both the NFL and DAZN, these free YouTube content include:
- 2019 RedZone channel replays (17 episodes);
- Best games of the 2019 NFL season (15 episodes);
- Special NFL Network show on the 100 greatest teams (4 episodes);
- Special NFL Network show on the 100 greatest plays (4 episodes);
- Special NFL Network show on the 100 greatest games (4 episodes);
- Special NFL Network show on the Top 5 moments of the NFL Scouting Combine2020;
- Special NFL Network show on the Top 5 free agency moves in 2020.
Last week, Postmedia also learned that DAZN and the NFL were in talks to freely provide some form of visual content to Canadians on a social media platform.
This came just one week after the NFL had announced that during this taxing time of social distancing and isolation brought on due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it would start making available to citizens of all countries (except Canada and China) free access to its Game Pass service, until at least May 31 in the United State and until July 31 everywhere else.
Of course, some Canadian NFL fans took offense. That’s the reason why the NFL and DAZN have partnered for over the past two weeks to attempt to quickly arrange something for Canadian NFL fans.